Universal music plaza is an exciting outdoor celebration. a celebration is held annually at Universal Central. the grand ceremony opened in early 2009 with between 10 and 30 Music Performance per year. Because of an outdoor ceremony, it can have a lot of capacity. About eight thousand people.
- Introducing Ceremonies
- A happy ceremony
- Rock Universe (World Studio) Jan. 24-25, 2020
- Running Universal (World Studio Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure) Feb. 1-2, 2020
- Mardi Gras (World Studio Florida) – Every Night From Feb. 1 – April 2, 2020
- Mardi Gras 2020 Lineup
- Fourth of July Celebration (World Studio Florida) — Select Days During Week of July 4, 2020
- Public Transportation to Universal Music Plaza Stage in Orlando
- Universal Music Plaza Performance Season
- Important events
- Heavily Attended Music Performance:
In 2008, World Studio Theme Parks confirmed the closure of the outdoor museum, Boneyard. the attraction closed September 2008, although demolition began in July 2008. Following closure, the park announced two new attractions, debuting in 2009. first being Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and a music venue. Officially titled “Universal Music Plaza Stage” in January 2009, the venue is modeled after the historic Hollywood Bowl.
A happy ceremony
the amphitheater is standing room only with an estimated capacity of 8,000+. the venue opened on February 21, 2009, with a concert by Ne-Yo. It is the park’s main music venue for live performances. It hosts the park’s various festivals including: “Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando Florida”, “Rock Universe”, “Grad Bash”, “World Studio Summer Concert Series” and “Holiday Cheer You Can Only Hear”.
When the time comes for such a celebration, this set will be nothing short. World Studio Florida has long been home to one of the nation’s premier events Halloween Horror Nights which is returning in 2020 for its 30th anniversary!
If scary isn’t your style, you’ll find other year-round, family-friendly World Studio Florida events such as Mardi Gras and Christmas in Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Our Frog Family leaps at the chance to experience as many annual events as we can, and we know yours will, too!
You’ll find all of World Studio Florida events listed on our Crowd Calendar, which is the easiest way to see the best times to visit. Note: These Universal Orlando Resort events appear in the order that they are held throughout the year. We don’t yet have confirmed dates for all of the 2020 events, but we’ll be adding them to this page as soon as they become available!
Rock Universe (World Studio) Jan. 24-25, 2020
A separately ticketed special event, Rock Universe is Florida’s biggest Christian music festival. Universal moved dates of this event from September to February for 2019, and it will once again return at the beginning of the year in 2020. World Studio Florida closes at 6 p.m. for the event, but guests with concert tickets can enter the park starting at 4 p.m. 2020 lineup includes Friday performances from Switchfoot, Newsboys
United, Tenth Avenue North, Tauren Wells, Tedashii and Afters, and Saturday performances from Chris Tomlin, TobyMac, Bethel Music, We Are Messengers, Unspoken and I Am They.
FEBRUARY – MAY
Running Universal (World Studio Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure) Feb. 1-2, 2020
Lace-up your running shoes! Universal Orlando Resort is hosting its first-ever Epic Character Race 5K and 10K weekend. You’ll get to run through theme parks, meet your favorite characters along the way and earn an awesome medal. 5K race takes place on Feb. 1, and 10K happens every next morning.
Mardi Gras (World Studio Florida) – Every Night From Feb. 1 – April 2, 2020
event is held every year in early spring and is always popular due to good weather in spring. It’s not just a simple celebration. Mardi Gras parade is one of the highlights of the show. With flashy floats created by Kern Studios, a company that has created Mardi Gras floats in New Orleans since 1947, this event is as authentic as it gets (while the remaining kid-friendly)!
You can check out authentic New Orleans bands. In addition to the above, there are other Music Performances in other styles and countries. There are always plenty of Cajun food and drinks to fill you up, too. Read our tips from this year carefully so you can plan well for next year’s trip.
Mardi Gras 2020 Lineup
- Feb. 1: Roots
- Feb. 8: Karol G
- Feb. 15: Bell Biv DeVoe
- Feb. 16: +Live+
- Feb. 22: Kool & Gang
- Feb. 29: TLC
- March 7: REO Speedwagon
- March 8: Dustin Lynch
- March 13: Luis Fonsi
- March 14: All-American Rejects
- March 15: Diana Ross
- March 20: Chris Young
- March 21: Earth, Wind & Fire
- March 22: Marshmello
- March 28: Why Don’t We
- March 29: Gavin DeGraw
Mardi Gras has a very meticulous and good reception at this place, and don’t worry about losing this show. After fun in the park is done, head over to Universal CityWalk, where the party continues at seven venues, including Pat O’Brien’s, CityWalk’s Mardi Gras headquarters.
JUNE – AUGUST
Fourth of July Celebration (World Studio Florida) — Select Days During Week of July 4, 2020
Every year in this place we celebrate with popular storytellers. Festivities kicked off at Music Plaza at 5 p.m. with DJ M-Squared spinning top tunes and live music from Raydio. Characters and stilt walkers joined the dance party and showed off their moves.
The pyrotechnics display took place over Music Plaza once the sun went down. We even got food and drinks delivered right to us on the lawn from Classic Monster Cafe across the way! Ending night with a film festival is sure to be memorable.
most popular concert
There are a few TV screens that are showing what / who is on stage for people who can’t see far in the back, which helps a lot if you are one of those people. A few hours before the run, many people stood in line. Because they might miss good front seats.
If you are planning on going to an event, for example, a Mardi Gras performance, and you want to be as close to the front as you can, you should line up early. Take some blankets to sit on – and don’t worry, the ground is fake grass – if you want. If you plan on being there for a few hours, bring some snacks and water and a book to read because it can get pretty boring.
Public Transportation to Universal Music Plaza Stage in Orlando
Wondering how to get to the Universal Music Plaza Stage in Orlando, United States? We help you find the best way to get to Universal Music Plaza Stage with step-by-step directions from the nearest public transit station.
This section provides free maps and lives directions to help you navigate through your city. View schedules, routes, timetables, and find out how long does it take to get to Universal Music Plaza Stage in real-time.
You can get to the Universal Music Plaza Stage by Bus. These are lines and routes that have stops nearby –
Bus: Bus – 21, Bus – 37, Bus – 40
In this section, we tried to get to Universal Music Plaza by public transport if you do not have a personal vehicle. Public transport around Universal Music Plaza is not short and you can easily reach your hotel from this location.
Universal Music Plaza Performance Season
Universal Music Plaza is a free celebration of day for you. A full celebration. free Music Performance is usually performed as part of three annual events: Mardi Gras in spring, Summer Concert Series in summer, and Holiday Concert Series in December.
- Pitbull has performed on this stage 16 times, including twice on Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon (2014, 2017), three times during Universal’s Mardi Gras celebration (2011, 2013, 2019) and 11 times during Universal’s Grad Bash (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Tonight Show has filmed musical segments of a show for over eight days and during multiple stints of recording show. The show was filmed in Orlando in 2014 (June 16-19, 2014) with musical performances by Jennifer Lopez, Jimmy Buffett, fun. and Pitbull. In 2017, (March 3-6, 2017), a show recorded musical performances from Flo Rida, Jason Derulo feat. Ty Dolla $ ign, Blake Shelton and Pitbull.
- One Direction (November 18, 2014): Private concert filmed for their 2014 TV Christmas special.
- Rock Universe (1998 – present)
- Nickelodeon HALO Awards (November 7, 2015): Award Show taping, portions only. Hosted by Nick Cannon & musical performance by WALK MOON.
- A Celebration of Harry Potter (2014–2018): film talent Q&A, demonstrations, general events.
- Holiday Cheer Only You Can Hear: Mannheim Steamroller has performed at World Studio annually during the 2008 holiday season.
Heavily Attended Music Performance:
- Kelly Clarkson (February 18, 2012), (February 21, 2015): Stronger Tour, Piece by Piece Tour
- Fall Out Boy (February 27, 2016): Wintour is Coming
- Adam Lambert (March 13, 2016): Original High Tour
- Fifth Harmony (February 25, 2017, March 18, 2018): Universal’s Mardi Gras
- Macklemore (February 24, 2018, February 23, 2019): Gemini Tour
- Dan + Shay (February 17, 2019): Can’t Say I Ain’t Country Tour